Modern World Freebies

HomeArcadeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

painting techniques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: painting techniques   December 26th 2007, 12:23 am

http://winshiprc.tripod.com/painting_techniques.htm

This page is still under construction and new text and pictures will be forthcoming.

Most of the airplanes that I have built in the last 28 years have been painted with Dope and/or acrylic lacquer. Film covering has its advantages but there is nothing any prettier in my opinion than a hand rubbed dope finish. This page will outline the procedures and materials that I have used in the past along with methods that other people have used.

The chart below doesn't cover all of the possibilities of compatibility but is a start. The only sure way to make sure that your products are compatible is to test them on a scrap part. One that isn't listed on the chart is Nitrate and Butyrate dope. Butyrate will go over Nitrate but Nitrate will not go over Butyrate. I have been told that Nitrate is not fuel proof but have never tested this.
Back to top Go down

painting techniques
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1